Thursday, April 30, 2009

Another hospital experience

and I hope the last one in China :)
Leveraging a connection from my Dad today I went to the Peking Third University Hospital to have an ultrasound.
This time no fancy international hospital but a Chinese public hospital. I have to say that the "out patient" building was quite a mess. It felt more like going to the market than to a hospital with millions of people all around and a feeling of chaos. The place was not that clean either, but that could be because it was the day hospital. I do hope the surgery area is cleaner because if you make it through the surgery, an infection might kill you.
The Dr who received me was very nice. She waited for me in the hallway so I would not get lost, did the exam, explained to me everything in a very good English and then let me go. I was done in 15min (yes I did bypass all the Chinese people queueing). I did not pay because believe it or not it's easier that way than to fill a report and get a foreigner in the system. I love China :)

No comments: