Saturday, April 11, 2009

Great wall - 3rd visit - 2nd hike :)

Obviously I cannot get enough of the great wall. Today I took my parents to Jinshangling for a hike on the great wall, until Simatai. If you recall I already did this hike back during the fall. This time no large group just my parents and I (and Ronnie a friend of Aaron's who joined us). This time as well the weather was not the best. It was very foggy and the visibility was quite poor although improving through the day. The positive point of not having sun was that the hike was easier without having to bear with heat :)
This time the wall was as impressive as the previous times. No matter how hard the hike is, how painful it gets sometimes to climb, it is the best way to visit the wall and get a real fell about it. If you ever get to Beijing, I do recommend that you spend a day hiking the great wall. You won't be disappointed, trust me.

Yes, it was foggy and hard to see anything further than 2m away.


The 3 of us on the wall. A moment of family history which we will remember for long.

Some writing on the stones which I hadn't see before (that's the advantage of coming back, you get to see details)


The road that lead to? more towers of course :)

Blossoming trees around the wall. It's for sure Spring.

No comments: