Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sunny afternoon in Beijing

After the long flight I was delighted to land in Beijing and discover bright sun. At that moment my coat and boots felt really warm... but I had to wear them as they would not fit in the luggage allowance anyhow.
I took a taxi from the airport which driver didn't really know where Somerset is. So somehow I pulled out a map of Beijing and showed it on the map. Imagine the scene, me speaking English, he answering in Chinese or just with "OK". Eventually we made it. Unlike the taxi driver in Brussels who helped me with my 3 suitcases (not easy when you only have 2 hands), the Chinese one, just droped me there, at the entrance...
After unpacking I decided to go grocery shopping. I took my bike and did my shopping with it. The weather being so nice I actually biked a bit around before getting to the shops. I really enjoy biking in Beijing. If only Brussels was as flat and as safe for bikes, I would take one there.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guess what ? I received my I phone. Love