Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Mixed feelings

We are back home after a somehow ok flight. We could not be sitting together but we knew it and organized ourselves accordingly. I find it disappointing that when I travel with my family we end up in two groups, each of us with one kid and we barely see the other one as it's difficult to move. That's not how I envision a family trip.

Aggie met us at the airport with the car seat for Oskar (yes we insist on having him secured even for a taxi) and we drove home in a maxi taxi, us and our 6 suitcases, stroller and countless cabin luggage. It's hard to believe we were just going on vacation visiting family and not moving to another country.

It's good to be home especially when you find it sparkling clean. Aggie cleaned everything in our absence including all the cupboards and wardrobes. The house has never been so clean and it only took a few minutes for us to ruin this perfection. I'm looking forward to not living out of a suitcase and going for a swim tomorrow. Did I mention she got us flowers to welcome us home?

It's sad to be home when I think of all the people we left behind. Each separation is harder and this time I started to think that it is time to come home. I hate that I could not attend my sister's wedding even if it was only a formality as she describe it or that I most likely won't see my niece or nephew until end next year. I hate that my brother and first niece are so far away it would take 24h to fly there which means I never see them. Food for thought for the new year.

Now it's time to unpack!


No comments: