Saturday, July 27, 2013

2.1kg

Today we had an appointment with the doctor. She happily shared that I don't have gestational diabetes, which made me very happy and a bit relieved. She highlighted again that suitcase for the maternity should be ready as potentially tadpole could show up any time now. Unlikely so soon, but you never know.
Then she measured our tadpole. Diameter of the head is 9 cm which apparently is good. Not too big. Still, somehow, he will have to make his way out.
She estimated the weight: 2.1kg. She was happy as so far everything is on track. Baby is growing nicely.
Now if you ask me, I didn't really need an ultrasound to tell me that our tadpole is growing. My belly is getting bigger and bigger. I can feel the stretch on the skin every day. I can feel our tadpole moving more and kicking or pushing harder. It's sometimes scary to see the skin of my belly moving (reminds me of Allien...).
And for almost two weeks now I can't see my feet anymore when I look from the top.
Another 8 weeks to go... feels both long and short.



1 comment:

CHRistIAN said...

Liebe Lamia, ich fühle mit Dir denn auch die tollste Schwangerschaft macht einem zu schaffen. Damit Du ein wenig von meinem Denken an Dich auch verstehen kannst, versuche ich es mal wieder mit Englisch:

Are you able to see your feets? No? That's good - because in a few weeks you will be able to see them again! Nice? I think so! Don't worry - be glad to see your child too!
From most of my heart
CHRistIAN