Saturday, March 23, 2013

Gardens by the Bay - Take 2

It has been several months since our first visit to the Gardens by the Bay and tonight we wanted to see it by night, especially because there is a light show within the Supertree Grove.
The light show was at 7:45pm and as we were a bit early we spent 30 minutes in the Flower Dome. The nice surprise was that they had put up Easter decorations in dome.
 Between flowers and tress one can see Easter eggs and bunnies.
I was delighted, Wolfram was more doubtful about the whole thing. What can I say, in a country where there is no season, seeing Easter eggs reminded me that Spring is coming in many countries.
And with Easter, there is chocolate, one more reason to celebrate Spring :)

By 7:45pm we were in position to watch the Garden Rhapsody show.
I didn't bring a tripod with me (I never do) so I used the fence as support for my camera. I could only take a few pictures because I had forgotten to recharge the battery. I guess I'll have to go back another time to record in video the whole show.
Until then here are some pictures I took... obviously not the quality of the ones taken by Wolfram but good enough to me.




PS:  as the show started, Wolfram disappeared. He decided that there was a better angle further down. He left me all alone which gave the opportunity to the tourist nearby to ask me where I was from and whether I had already been at the top of the Marina Bay Sands.
Now the funny part of this story is that this man, Lutz, was from Germany, passionate about photography and geared up with Canon lenses.
Once I managed to get my husband back, I introduced him to this potential playmate. A German who loves photography, that was an easy shot and the beginning of a much longer visit than I thought as these two started to compare their gear and their experiences.

No comments: