Thursday, November 29, 2012

Finally

I had nearly given up.

As I moved to Singapore I got entitled to a company phone. I could choose between a Blackberry and an iPhone. Obviously I wanted an iPhone.
It finally arrived today!
Almost 3 months after I asked for it.
Why is that?
The initial request was for an iPhone 4S. However by the time the request got processed in the systems, it was about the same time they release the iPhone 5. For about a month, there was debate whether I would get a 4S or a 5. Back then I was fine with getting a 4S if it meant faster. But no. While they were asking it turned out they didn't have 4S left in stock, only 4. I was not willing to settle on a phone two generations old not willing to give up iPhone for a readily available Blackberry.
So I waited.
I sent a lot of email.
Mid October I was told it would take 3-4 weeks because there are no iPhone 5 in Singapore at all.
A couple of weeks ago I saw on the websites of the different providers in Singapore that they had iPhone 5 in stock.
A few more emails later asking why I could get one in stores but a corporate client has to wait, and finally today I got the message: "your iPhone is here".
Unbelievable. I had given hope that I would get my phone before we got back to Belgium. That was close because we are flying back in one week time.
Now I have to go and set it up, transfer all my Apps and more importantly make sure it stays out of range of a certain someone who's jealous.

1 comment:

Tlou said...

I have no clue who that 'certain someone' might be ;-) How jealous is he? Congratulations to your new gadget.