Saturday, July 14, 2012

In Brugge

Aude is visiting this weekend. First time in Belgium so I planned for the best: Brussels and Brugge.
Despite the bad weather, we decided to hit the road hoping it would clear up during the day. It did, every now and then. In between two showers we explored both cities.

Brugge, classic.
I've been to Brugge so many times, and yet I never get tired of it. The good thing about the bad weather is that there were not so many people which is luxury.
I took a few shots here and here as we walked the streets.


Brugge, unexpected and maybe a bit weird.
We entered a church to hide from the rain and what we found inside was not exactly what we are used to.
The church was transformed as a venue for an exhibition by Geert Bisschop with a light sculpture saying "YES HERE NOW" as the center piece.
I had to take some pictures because nobody would believe me when I say that there were a bed and a massage table right in the middle of the church.
Once again, a piece of modern art I simply don't get. But will talk about for sure.

 

No comments: