Thursday, March 15, 2012

L'Ecole du dos

Today I had an appointment with the doctor to figure out how to fix my back. First good news the appointment was advanced: someone cancelled and gave me the chance to go two hours earlier thus avoiding rush hours which is always nice. Second blood analysis showed everything is normal. Third the muscles of my back are weak. There is hope for strengthening them by 50%. That's apparently good news. Fourth one of my disk is in bad shape. That was not good news. Net the doctor decided to enroll me in the Ecole du dos (school for the back) to re-educate me thoroughly. And thoroughly it will be as we're talking about 36 hours!!!!! 6 hours of theory and 30 hours of exercises under close supervision with the hope of no more pain and a better back for the long run. I can't even start thinking how I will manage work, thoses classes, my own swimming, preparation of the wedding, training for the 20K with Alice and Ingrid, and the potential move. I feel some serious planning will be needed. But for now, I will try to get some sleep because lack of sleep will not help any of the above.

No comments: