Tuesday, March 20, 2012

It's a....

I already share some time ago that comes August I will become an aunt.
Tonight my brother and Lisa invited both families to join over skype to find out altogether whether it is a boy or a girl. Note that we already confirmed there was only one baby.
My brother had read the story of future parents who wanted their whole family to find out the sex of the baby together with them The story says that they asked the doctor to write the sex of the baby on a piece of paper and to put it in an envelope. The future parents took the envelope to the bakery and asked for cup cakes to be prepared with the stuffing matching the sex of the baby: blue for a boy, pink for a girl. Later on they gathered their family and everybody found out at the same time, biting into their cup cake.
Inspired by this story, Lisa and my brother asked for the famous envelope. Sadly no cup cakes were baked. Blame it on the distance between all of us.
Still, tonight, we connected via skype, the envelope was opened and we found out that it's a girl!!!!

Note to myself: check out how group video works on skype. Seeing the face of my brother as he find out that he will have a baby girl would have made the night even better!

No comments: