Monday, October 31, 2011

Not fair !!!!

Today while visiting temple #3 or #4 (we've seen so many it's hard to keep track) I couldn't take a picture. I pushed the button but the autofocus would not work. No bipping, no photo :(
I switched off the camera and started it again. You never know with electrical devices sometimes they need a bit of a reset. That didn't work.
I checked that the button on the lens was on the autofocus position as sometimes when changing lens it can be moved. But it was on the right position.
I moved it to manual focus and could then take a picture. But once back on AF, nothing.
I started to get desperate. I changed the lens to check whether it works with the other 2 lenses and if does. In other words the autofocus of my standard basic lens seems to be broken.
That's bad on day 2 of vacation. It was too early to call for help (namely Wolfram). I managed the rest of the day with the zoom lens and the wide angle. Not ideal but at least I could take pictures.
When it was time for Europe to be operational, I only heard what I kind of knew. The autofocus is broken i.e. I need to buy a new lens :(
That sucks, really sucks and even more when this happens when I'm on vacation and need the camera everyday.
I wished the hundreds of Buddhas we've seen today could have brought good karma but apparently not :(

No comments: