Saturday, February 26, 2011

I love shopping in the US

After completing the list of errands needed for the baptism tomorrow, we found ourselves with a couple of hours before dinner. Naturally we hit the mall. Laura is my shopping buddy and we never miss an opportunity to shop.
My key objective this time is to get new pants. With my now successful diet, all my tailor made ones from China are too big and I find myself with empty hangers.

First stop was Banana Republic where we were nicely given a 30% off coupon. They give it to anyone entering the shop. Nice isn't it. Of course I made the best out of it once I had found THE pants perfectly fitting me.
Nadia needed a coat so we went to Macy's. She didn't find one but I did. A nice purple coat, 70%, perfectly fitting me despite it comes from the Petite collection. I struggle to buy pants long enough but apparently my upper body can fit in a Petite model... weird.
When I was paying, the cashier asked me whether I had my 15% off coupon. Quid? no of course. Never mind she pulled one from below the counter. Thus on top of the 70% off, I got another 15%. Combined with the exchange rate (20-25% off), this coat is becoming very cheap. Would have been even cheaper if I had taken the Macy's card, entitled me to an extra 15% off.
No wonder I love shopping in the US. That's the only place where I can buy good quality clothes for at least 2600% off :)

No comments: