Monday, February 28, 2011

Ghost outlet

Around 5pm I found myself pretty lonely in the office. In the US people come in very early (compared to Europe) and therefore leave between 4-5pm. I grabbed my full size rental (I was nicely upgraded as I arrived so late last night… I have nothing against being upgraded but this Chevrolet Impala is too big for only me and 1 suitcase) and drove to the Cincinnati premium Outlet, key shopping destination for any foreigner in town.


I found a ghost outlet. Apparently a cold Monday evening is not the preferred moment for shopping and many shops where empty. The busiest, Gap, had maybe 10 customers... on the one hand it’s really nice to shop without people around, without rush, without queue; on the other hand it gave me a weird feeling of abandoned or dying place. So many people working there for 1-2 customers, how can this work? I guess week-ends are making up for ghost Mondays.

No comments: