Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Thomas Elliot Matteo

Although Pikachu seemed very comfortable inside the belly, due to a slightly elevated blood pressure, we decided to induce the process this morning.
We woke up early and got ready for the hospital leaving Oskar with my mum and Agnes.
I was admitted at 7:30am. While Wolfram was doing the paperwork, my blood was taken - a lot of it as we had decided to collect the cord blood. At least this time we had organized ourselves in advance. 
At 9am the water bag was broken.
At 10am the epidural was put in place. This is one of the greatest inventions on this planet.
At 11am the hormones were started and so did the wait.
Around noon, my mum came over with food and the missing phone charger.
At 1pm, I was only 3cm dilated confirming that Pikachu was nice and cosy inside. At that point, Wolfram left for home with my mum to get my laptop so we could watch something because according to the doctor it would not be before 6-7pm.
Of course only a little while after Wolfram left, the heart beat of Pikachu dropped. They asked me to change positions until we had the heart beat back under control and gave me oxygen. I never felt so scared in my life. I messaged Wolfram to come back as quickly as possible already fearing that we would need a c section and that he might miss it. Luckily things went back into order and around 3pm the hormones were restarted.
At 5pm, dilation was 5cm forecasting a long night ahead. Apparently the rule is 1cm per hour but somehow Pikachu had changed his mind. By 6pm we were at 9cm significantly accelerating the process and around 7:30pm our second boy was borne.

Thomas Elliot Matteo.

51cm.

3.6kg. 
Overall much bigger than Oskar at birth which is probably why it took longer.
It was too late to bring in Oskar who fell asleep much faster than usual at home. He will meet his little brother tomorrow.

After Wolfram took 200 pictures, we left the delivery suite to our room to rest and spend more time with our little one.

I'm exhausted, but happy. 

No comments: