Monday, May 25, 2015

Please let me leave

After the disaster at immigration when I arrived in Japan, I took a train earlier this morning to ensure I would have enough time at the airport.

I had checked in online but could not print out so I went to the counter to get my boarding pass.

Lady: are you pregnant?
Me: yes.
Lady: are you ok to travel?
Me: yes.
Lady: how many weeks are you?
Me: 23 weeks (technically 23 weeks and 6 days but let's not go into details)
Lady: silence....
Me: is there a problem?
Lady: we need to make sure you are ok to travel?
Me: because... Otherwise you will keep me in Japan until I give birth?
Lady: (stunned, no idea what to answer)
Me: I have a letter from my doctor.

The lady took a copy of the letter, as well as my resident card and my passport then let me go. I cannot help thinking that if I had put my sweater on already she would have never asked just thinking I'm one big fat European girl. Good that I had the letter from the doctor with me. 

After that, I bought all the souvenirs I needed, went through security and headed for immigration. Of course, immigration was not busy and by 9:15am, I was done. A little less than two hours to wait now. Better this way than stressing in a long queue.

No comments: