Thursday, February 5, 2015

Heated toilet seats

I'm in Japan this week for work. It's the first time in winter season. I had heard the during winter Japanese houses were cold because people do not heat much and now I can say I've experienced it. 
The house we had rented for our research was heated from the moment we arrive only. We spent the first two hours of every morning with our coats on.

While the rooms and kitchen were heated, the was no heater in the bathroom so it stayed freezing cold. Suddenly the heated toilet seats made sense. When you have to use the toilet by 8-10 degrees, trust me you appreciate to sit on a warm surface so at least one part of your body is not cold.

I do find it weird that they keep their houses so cold, but when asked, clearly they could not understand why you would want to waste energy heating up at night or in the bathroom.
Part of me is looking forward to being back in Singapore :)

No comments: