Saturday, June 8, 2013

I wanted one, it will be the other one

We've visited two hospitals for the delivery of tadpole and my gut feel was telling me to choose Mount Alvernia. For some reason, I had a better feeling about that one than Thomson Medical.
This morning we went there to enroll in the prenatal classes. We sent early so we could do it before the appointment with the doctor later that morning. By 9:20am we were in front of the parentcraft center and we found it closed. There was a sign that said someone should be back at some point but no idea when that would be. As we were standing there helplessly, one of the nurses saw us and offered to go and check where the nurse in charge was. 5 minutes later, we were at the nurses counter, with probably the head nurse calling around to find the nurse from the parentcraft center. Once she had been located, she passed me the phone so I could talk to her. She was with a patient and proposed to have the clerk call me on Monday. I can understand that if she is with a patient she cannot come, but what I cannot understand is that the hospital is not capable of having enough staff on the ground to cover their opening hours. Yes I could called and get the info, but I prefer to talk to someone face to face. That's my choice and an option that I can take if I come during their opening hours.
I declined the offer to have someone call me back on Monday and we left. If this hospital cannot staff their parentcraft center, it makes us wonder whether they can staff properly the maternity.
On the way out, Wolfram insisted we talk to someone in charge to complain. Of course that someone was busy and had to be called. The woman at the reception said it would take 5-10min. We waited 7 and told her to get lost. These were not exactly my words, but with the hormones when I get upset, I really lose it completely so I believe I told the receptionist that if they cannot offer the services they claim they have and if this is how they treat people in their hospital, I will never step a foot in it ever again.
I was really upset, so upset it took 30min before my body would calm down. Normally I would have just been annoyed, but thanks to the hormones it turned into drama. One should not upset a pregnant woman. Devil might come out of it :)
Net, we will not go to Mount Alvernia for the classes nor the birth. We will go to Thomson Medical where even if they were spotty when we went there, at least they had enough people around to address our questions. 

No comments: