Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Leaving Bali on a bitter note

Bali's airport is a low tier airport. After check in passengers are not supposed to leave the terminal anymore and proceed to immigration. Actually, you can leave it if you insist a bit. That's what we did to get an ice cream and kill the 1h30 ahead if us.
We went to Cold Stone, the super premium ice cream place and nearly had a heat stroke. Somehow the air conditioning was not set right which was fixed after we kindly asked to adjust it.
What was disappointed was the content of the ice cream cup. It was a third empty. That's just unacceptable. I complained, Wolfram wrote a comment for the comment box and I took a picture. See below. It just feels wrong to buy an ice cream cup and not get it full.

Once back in the terminal we proceeded to immigration where they asked us 150,000 IDR (local money) for taxes. I hate when this happens. Why couldn't anyone tell us before that taxes are not included?
Instead of that I feel stupid at the counter and I have to pay extra because all I have are US dollars.
I won't even mention the zoo that was waiting for us in the so called duty free area. It felt more like a street market if you ask me.

So Bali, we enjoyed our stay very much until the airport on the way back. We could have left the country with a positive note, but no. Bali decided to have us leave annoyed. Next time we will go to a more friendly country. How about Thailand?

No comments: