Saturday, April 13, 2013

11km, 2 hours, could do better

This morning I joined a couple of colleagues at the MacRitchie reservoir for a walk. They pretty much meet every Saturday morning but too often I had to decline. This time with no appointment in the morning I had no excuse.
It took almost two hours to complete the 11km loop. That's much slower than my usual pace but again: it was more trekking than walking going up and down, even at 8am the temperature is already quite high, and I'm heavier than usual.
Net plenty of excuse to explain the slower pace.
While it was super hard to wake up at 6:30am on a Saturday, if we had done this walk any later today I would have died of a heat stroke. It's been hotter these days in Singapore, and today even more than the rest of the week. Right now the only place where I want to be is under the shower or in the pool.
Suddenly I understand why people spend so much time in shopping malls in Singapore: the air conditioning!
Maybe between the shower and the pool, I could go shopping :)



No comments: