Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Steam station

About 2 weeks ago Anamaria, our cleaning lady, asked me whether we were considering changing the iron. Surprised, I asked whether it was a) broken, b) not working properly or c) simply something was wrong with it. None of the above. Then what?
My iron is too old and not powerful enough :( An iron equipped with a steam generator would be much better and allow to iron much faster (i.e. more clothes ironed by her, even less by us). Quid ????
True I can't remember when I bought my iron. For sure at some point in Paris which means easily 8 years ago, if not 10. Fair to say it's old.
True with the 2 of us in the house there is more to iron than when it was just me.
True new irons are more powerful than mine and I can bet one with the steam generator would be.
True also I always wanted to have one when I was ironing but never had the money to buy one (later I had Anamaria ironing for me... so I never thought of it again).
So I searched the Internet to learn about those steam stations and nearly had a heart attack when I saw that prices ranged from 100 euros or so all the way up to 400!!!!
In the meantime I discovered most of my colleagues have one (seems it's a must when you have children) and even those who don't have children bought one eventually because it's simply faster.
Conclusion of the investigation: we bought one...

It's huge compare to the simple iron I had before and after a test drive this evening I can say the following: WOW! It's so much easier to iron now. One slide and it's done or almost. One negative though: the noise when the machine is heating the water which makes it harder to hear the movie.
If I didn't hate so much ironing in the first place I would almost say I enjoyed ironing. I never thought I would say that one day.


1 comment:

Patzi said...

Wow, how much money I save not ironing at all :-)
But of course we, even with children, only wearing T-Shirts and jeans, no business clothes :-)