Friday, December 16, 2016

Day and night compare to last year

Same as last year, this year I called Air France many times to confirm our seats and the request for a bassinet before our trip to Stuttgart. Like last year they told me it was all good, subject to the number of infants in board of course. Unlike last year I did not trust them. 


I packed bags assuming we would be separated, each if us with a kid. We prepared ourselves for a bad trip so it would be easier on us, relatively speaking.


This year no maternity leave, so I took one day off to pack and in all fairness it took me a day to get everything sorted out. I'm glad I did it the day before the trip so I wouldn't be exhausted at the start of the trip.


We had early dinner, Aggie cooked noodles. Surprisingly Oskar finished in 15min instead of the 30-40 minutes he took lately for his meals. This lead us to early shower for everyone and at 7pm everybody was ready to go. Except taxi was only booked for 8pm. We had decided to go extra early to the airport this year.


Unlike last year, we were checked in in 15min, with bassinet confirmed. Wolfram even looked on the screen.

After that we killed time until the flight and were super delighted to get to our seats: 40C, 40E and 40F. The row with the bassinet. We were also very sorry for the family we saw standing in the aisle as they found out that they were not traveling together nor getting a bassinet. Basically us last year. Let's say this year we got lucky. Next year we will have to book four seats, so a full row just for us.


Flight went quite well. Kids slept at least half of it and were quite easy to entertain. Last couple of hours were a bit harder but overall much better than last year.  We arrived in Paris much more relaxed and ready to start the rest of the trip. 


Did I mention how cold it is?



No comments: