Sunday, November 2, 2014

One more down

I killed another hard disk this week. It's the third one in two years.
It peacefully died on Wednesday night causing the loss of the presentation I had just finished. While this is extremely annoying as I had to rewrite the whole presentation, I was very lucky that apart from the three files that were open at that moment, everything else was saved safely in my box somewhere in the cloud. 
It took two days to get me a new hard disk installed and another day to download everything from the box. It may feel long, it's nothing compare to the seven days from the recovery company. Not only would they charge me 2500SGD for the recovery but on top it would take a week. They could do it faster but they charge extra for that. It seems that's one profitable business. Sadly for them my data were backed up in my box.

The funny part of this story is that on Friday night I received an email informing me that I was eligible for a PC trade up. It would have been smarter, maybe, to give me a new PC right away. But that's assuming that all those systems are connected to each others :)

No comments: